I don’t normally sit here and try to pitch a reason to go to a conference or an event. The most I’ll do is usually tweet about something going on. But, with Twiistup, I felt it was absolutely necessary just based on all the reasons to go. I went to Twiistup 5 and it was my first one, but, Francisco Dao has taken Twiistup 6 to the next level and is blowing it out of the park. So, here are the reasons I am going, and the reasons you should too.
1. The Sessions and Speaker List
The wide variety of entrepreneurs that will be speaking at Twiistup is unreal. I have never see a cast like this put together in a single day. Every single speaker is an entrepreneur and innovator in his or her own right. They have all been in the trenches, succeeded, and failed like all entrepreneurs. And, to be frank, some of them are just like you…running a business and trying to make moves.
Here are the speakers (taken from the Twiistup website):
- Jason Calacanis Serial entrepreneur, founder of Mahalo and co-founder of TechCrunch 50 and Weblogs. Wikipedia Link
- Chamillionaire Grammy Award-winning and chart topping musician and entrepreneur. Wikipedia Link
- Cyan Banister Early stage investor in Facebook, Slide, Tagged and founder of TopFans.com and Zivity.
- Todd Goldman Artist, entrepreneur, co-creator of BLAHGirls (with Ashton Kutcher) and founder of David and Goliath apparel. Wikipedia Link
- Quincy Jones III (QD3) Music and film producer/entrepreneur. Wikipedia Link
- Dave McClure Seed stage investor for the Founders Fund. Bio Link
- Ian Rogers Former business partner of the Beastie Boys and former GM of Yahoo Music, now CEO of Topspin Media. Bio Link
- Ben Huh CEO of viral phenomenon www.IcanHasCheezburger.com
- Chris Brogan President of New Marketing Labs
- Mark Suster GRP Partners, venture capital. Former VP Product Mgmt Salesforce.com & 2-time CEO and entrepreneur. Bio Link
- Brian Solis Author of Now is Gone and Putting the Public Back in Public Relations, Publisher of PR 2.0 and bub.blicio.us, Founder of Future Works PR, and strategic advisor to Fortune 500 businesses and startups. Wikipedia Link
- David O. Sacks Former COO of PayPal, founder and CEO of Geni.com and Yammer, movie producer Thank You For Smoking. Wikipedia Link
- Brad Feld Co-founder of Foundry Group and Mobius Venture Capital, founder of Techstars.org startup incubator. Bio Link
- Micah Baldwin Founder of Current Wisdom (sold 2007), VP of Business Development and Chief Evangelist for Lijit Networks. Bio Link
*Additional speakers are being added as availability is confirmed. All speakers appear during the daytime conference portion of the event.
**Sessions subject to change as additonal speakers join the program.
2. The ShowOffs
I don’t know of another conference that combines the ShowOff’s with amazing Panels. But, Twiistup isn’t going to bury you with 20-30 or a barrage of startups to bore you to death. These are going to be the best of the best 10 startups that were hand picked by the Twiistup crew.
3. Open Bar
Not many conferences have an open bar as readily available as Twiistup, and, they deliver. Let’s face it, we’re technologists and entrepreneurs that love to drink.
4. Innovation, Innovation, Innovation
Twiistup is just that, all about Innovation. You can go to another boring conference where you try to learn 2-3 things about Twitter or how to do SEO, or, you could attend a conference that is going to inspire you and invigorate you and your ideas to get you to take that next step. You’re going to watch these people on stage, you’re going to interact with others, and you will leave with a fire ignited ready to get stuff done.
5. The Networking
Not only is the speaker list phenominal, but, the attendees of the event are going to be unbelievable. You’ll be interacting with fellow business owners, innovators, marketers, people in the press, and investors. Personally, I always take away the personal interaction from the people attending a conference, it is the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT reason that I attend. With Twiistup, it is definitely going to be that. I want to meet these people, I want to share the stories, hear what people have to say and get involved in some of the greatest conversations that will be happening in Los Angeles, this year. If there is one reason to attend, it would be the opportunity to be involved in the conversation that could shape innovation for the rest of the year.
Sign up for Twiistup before Tickets are Sold Out!